Tidepools restaurant at the Grand Hyatt Kauai has recently completed a renovation that brings together the traditional design with contemporary refreshes. Honoring its namesake, design elements reflect sand, surf and sea.
Modeled after a traditional village, Tidepools typifies classic Hawaiian-style. The large round design and high-pitched roof of The Lounge at Tidepools serves as a welcoming meeting place. Paying homage to the origins of Native Hawaiians who settled here after sailing from Polynesia, a traditional sailing canoe replica hangs in the center. With a ceiling decorated with traditional kapa cloth, pounded from the bark of the paperbark tree, melaleuca quinquenervia, the Lounge honors the history and traditions of the island.
Here is what you will be treated to in September for the 2017 Kauai Marathon and Half Marathon:
- Complete redesign of the lounge
- Large windows offer ocean, lagoon and garden views
- Center seating with modern booth style seats accompanied by wing back chairs
- Sand colored marble tables and a variety of seating from wing back style to traditional, all complementing the open-air, island-style atmosphere
- Improved lighting
- New logo and signage forthcoming
- Kitchen hotline redesign with exterior featuring a tile mosaic
- New menu created by Chef Eric Bartolome
For more information on Tidepools, please visit their website!