Here are the winners of our Run/Selfie/Playlist Contest…Congratulations!
After work, I love walking over by the Marriott in Kauai near the Lagoon and the Hokuala Golf Course. There are so many routes to take that I can do just about any length from 1 mile to 4. On the weekends I like to run by the ocean on the Ke Ala Hele Makalae Path in Kapaa.
My top five playlist when running are:
- I often listen to songs from Israel Kamakawiwo’ole and Eric Lee as I run in the beauty of Kauai. Some of my favorites include “Somewhere Over The Rainbow”, “Hele On To Kauai”, by Izzy; and “Ka Lama ‘Ae One”, “Ha’a Hula”, and “Wahine U’l” by Eric.
- I also love my playlist “Christian Workout” on Spotify.
My favorite running route is right outside my front door. It is a 10K route that takes me to both ends of Oakbrook Drive in Florence, Kentucky and back. No matter the weather, it is usually very runnable or at least walkable in winter.
I do not run with music but here are the five songs that would have to be on my playlist.
- Thunderstruck by ACDC
- You Lift Me Up by the Thompson Twins
- Monster by Skillet
- We Didn’t Start the Fire by Billy Joel
- Rock Lobster by the B-52S
My favorite run/walk where I live is only 1.5 miles downhill to the pedestrian bridge on Moanalua Road and Waimano Home Road. It’s a good break from my run/walk to do the stairs, and I may do the stairs a few times. It’s also a pretty view from above the traffic!
So many good ones, but my top 5 playlist when running is:
- Super Duper Love by Joss Stone (really, anything Joss Stone!)
- Rather Be by Clean Bandit
- Doo-Wop (That Thing) by Lauryn Hill
- Sitting, Waiting, Wishing by Jack Johnson
- Ashes by Pepper